Types of Payments
Payments, along with Receivings, Shipments, and Returns, are the basic transactions to form Statement of Accounts.
In the Kladana workspace, you can create the following types of payments:
- Payment Received: Incoming Payment, Incoming Cash Payment.
- Payment Made: Outgoing Payment, Outgoing Cash Payment.
Incoming Payments and Outgoing Payments are used to record non-cash payments. They affect the Bank Account balance of a company.
Incoming Cash Payment and Outgoing Cash Payment are used to record cash payments. They affect the Cashbox balance of a company.
Any payments are indicated in Cash Flow Report.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Financials → Payments.
- Click Payment Received or Payment Made and select the type of payment.
- Specify the main payment details:
- Your company and Counterparty names
- Amount, with and without taxes
- Expense Item
- If the payment relates to a certain contract or project, specify them.
- If necessary, specify Sales Channel and add some description.
- Click Save.
You can also create a payment in Sales (Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Shipment, Sales Return) and Purchases (Purchase Order, Supplier Invoices, Receivings, Purchase Returns) transactions using the Add related option.
Select a transaction, click Add related, and specify the type of payment you want to create. In this case, the transaction is indicated as Paid.
For an Outgoing Payment you can specify an Expense Item. If the payment is based on Sales Return transaction or any Purchases transaction, the Expense Item is filled automatically. You can edit the other Expense Items and indicate them in the payment.
You can link a payment to the related transaction — Sales Invoice or Supplier Invoice. After that, you can specify the amount for each transaction.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Financials → Payments → the type of payment.
- Click Link Payment.
- Select the transactions you want to link to the payment. Click Link.
- Click Save.
If you want to unlink a transaction to a payment, point to the transaction you want to unlink and click at the end of the line.
Linked and not linked amount are also indicated in the payment. If you add new transactions, the available amount is shared among them. The maximum available amount is given to the first transaction in the list, and so on.
When the available payment amount reaches a negative value, it it turns red. In this case, any linked transactions will not be paid.
Click Reallocate Payment Sum to share the available payment amount among linked transactions. The maximum available amount is given to the first transaction in the list, and so on.