Production Order is a key part of a production process that contains:
- Finished products, their quantity and Bills of Materials;
- Raw materials and production costs;
- Production Order operations and the sequence of their execution;
- Production Order start and end dates.
You can create a Production Order for a shift, a week, or the entire period.
Create Production Order
- In the Kladana workspace, select Production → Production Orders.
- Click +Production Order.
- Specify Materials Warehouse and Product Warehouse. It may be one and the same warehouse.
- In the Finished Products tab:
- Add Bills of Materials to determine the list of finished products and raw materials.
- Specify Volume Ratio to determine the quantity of finished products.
- In the Raw Materials tab, check the list of production materials, their costs and the materials committed at the warehouses.
- Click Allocate order to committed stock checkbox to reserve the raw materials needed. Committed products will be counted in reports. In case you have a lack of materials use the Supply option.
- Click Save.
You can also create a Production Order using Stock Replenishment.
There are more settings related to Production Orders you need to know:
If you don’t have the materials you need while creating the Production Order, you can produce (Production Order) or order (Purchase Order) them. In the Production Order you can create both transactions with the Supply option.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Production → Production Orders → Raw Materials.
- If the On hand is less than the Qty required, click Supply to order additional materials.
- Click Fill up stock by and select the transaction to order the materials needed: Purchase Order or Production Order.
- Specify Source-to-Supply for every material.
- Specify Reorder Qty — the quantity of materials you want to order. You can set it automatically or manually.
- Click Create. The operation may take some time. Please, wait.
- Select Рurchases → Purchase Orders or Production → Production Orders to find the transactions created.
- Click on the user icon and select Settings → Import to check the operation status and results.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Production → Production Orders → Production → Process Tracking.
- Click Start to produce. Production Start date is displayed at the Performance Report section.
- Click the checkboxes to mark the operations completed. Operation costs and raw materials specified in the Bill of Materials are written off.
- Select Edit → Complete all operations to mark the operations completed all at once. Use this option if you do not need to control the execution of each operation or the production cycle is short.
- Point at the completed operation and click Operation Report to view the materials and costs detailed report. You can add, remove, and edit materials in the report.
- After the final operation is completed, the End date is set in the Performance Report. The finished product is sent to the stock.
The final Production Operation cannot be completed until the other operations are completed.
Total cost of a finished product is equal to the amount of the raw material costs and the production costs specified in the Bill of Materials.