A Shipment records that you have physically transported ordered products from your warehouse to a customer. Shipment is opposite to Receiving and registers the decrease of items at the specified warehouse. Items are removed from stock on hand when a shipment is completed.
If your stock were damaged or broken and you want to deduct it, please create a Write-Off instead of Shipment. If you want to simply move items from one warehouse to another, please create a Stock Transfer.
We recommend you to create Shipments as related transactions to Customer Orders or Customer Invoices. It will take you less time than creating a shipment from scratch: you specify only the main shipment details while items and its quantity are added from the order or invoice.
If an order contains items from two different warehouses, you need to create separate Shipments for each warehouse.
If you want, you can create a Shipment from scratch, it's almost the same to customer order creating.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Sales → Shipment.
- Click +Shipment.
- Specify the main Shipment details:
- Your company and customer names
- Warehouse you plan to ship from
- Date you plan to ship the order
- If a Shipment relates to a certain contract or project, specify them.
- If there are freight details you want to specify, click Other fields and fill the shipping info in displayed fields.
- Add items to the Shipment in one of the following ways:
- In the Add position field, begin typing the item's name, SKU or supplier code. Kladana displays relevant items in the drop-down list and you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Items. In the opened catalog, you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Stock. In the opened stock list, you can check the quantity of available items and specify the number of items to add.
- Click Import and, in the drop-down list, select Import. In the opened window, choose the file in the Excel or CSV format to bulk upload items from.
- Specify the shipping quantity for every added item.
- If you want to provide a discount, enter the percentage of discount.
- If you don't want to charge taxes, clear the Tax checkbox.
- If item pricing includes sales tax, select Prices are tax inclusive checkbox.
- Click Save.
You can view stock changes made by Shipments at the Stock and Stock History tabs of the Inventory section.
There are more settings related to the Shipments you need to know: