A Receiving records that items you’ve ordered physically arrive at your warehouse. Receiving is opposite to Shipment and registers the increase of items on hand at the specified warehouse.
If you already have items at your warehouse or don’t want to specify a supplier of these items, we recommend you to create a Stock Adjustment instead of Receiving.
We also recommend you to create Receivings as related transactions to Purchase Orders or Supplier Invoices. It will take you less time than creating a Receiving from scratch: you specify only the main details while items and its quantity are added from the order or invoice.
If items arrive at two different warehouses, you need to create separate Receivings for each warehouse.
If you want, you can create a Receiving from scratch, it's the same to purchase order creating.
- In the Kladana workspace, select Purchases → Receivings.
- Click +Receiving.
- Specify the main receiving details:
- Your company and supplier names
- Warehouse where you plan to accept items
- If a receiving relates to a certain contract or project, specify them.
- If you track incoming documents, specify the reference number and date.
- Add items to the receiving in one of the following ways:
- In the Add position field, begin typing the item's name, SKU or supplier code. Kladana displays relevant items in the drop-down list and you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Items. In the opened catalog, you can select an item to add. For every item you want to add, you need to repeat these steps.
- Click Stock. In the opened stock list, you can check the quantity of available items and specify the number of items to add.
- Click Import and, in the drop-down list, select Import. In the opened window, choose the file in the Excel or CSV format to bulk upload items from.
- Specify the receiving quantity for every added item.
- Specify the items prices. Based on it, the app calculates the item cost.
- If your supplier provided a discount for the order, enter the percentage of discount.
- If you don't want to specify taxes, clear the Tax checkbox.
- If item pricing includes sales tax, select Prices are tax inclusive checkbox.
- Click Save.
You can view stock changes made by Receivings at the Stock and Stock History tabs of the Inventory section.
There are more settings related to the Receivings you need to know: